What about stains on the street?
Any stains on the street will remain following sweeping. The sweeping process is similar to vacuuming your carpet. The vacuum sweeping process removes loose debris from the surface of the street but the sweeping trucks are not street scrubbers.
What can the HOA do to insure a successful sweep day?
1. Please move all Automobiles, Boats, or RV's from the street the night before sweeping is scheduled.
2. Encourage gardeners and landscaping crews to rake up grass clippings and other debris from your yard rather than blow them into the streets.
3. Please use the yard waste recycling container for leaves and yard trimmings. Large amounts of leaves, dirt, and especially mud slow down the sweeping process and reduce the effectiveness of the service.
4. Make sure that sprinklers are adjusted properly to avoid excess water in gutters. Excess water creates algae formation resulting in asphalt stains.
5. Portable basketball hoops extending out past the curb line or standing in gutter make sweeping difficult if not impossible. This is also true of trash cans.
6. Trees and tree limbs should be cut back away from curbs thereby allowing sweeper truck to effectively sweep your curbs and gutters.